
We have now made it through James' 2nd birthday! He was thrilled with everything, but I don't think he understood what was going on -- he loved the candles and cake though! Strangely, he looked more mature when he got up this morning. You can check for yourself in the pictures below. As befits his family background, the chocolate cake was a huge hit!
The guys started swim practice on Monday. What an event. Benjamin and Elias are on the 6 and under team along with about 25 other kids. It was crazy. I am very glad that there were at least 5 adults in the water with that group. Andy is swimming in the 8 and under group -- again, about 25 kids in that group too. It was tense watching him go down the lane and he didn't do very well. He doesn't have the stamina yet to get down the pool and I thought for a moment that I was going to have to jump in and get him, but then the coach noticed that things weren't going very smoothly and helped him out. When I talked with Coach after the practice, he said that all the guys were going to do fine and that Andy especially was going to improve rapidly because it was very clear that he wanted to be there and wanted to be swimming. I am relieved by this -- I want them to swim well and not have any fear of the water and I think this team is going to be the key to that.
While the guys were at practice, James and I hung out on the side of the pool. James kept playing by the baby pool and tossing a ball into it every chance he got. Everything was fine until another two year old bumped into him and in he went -- backwards -- into the pool. Luckily, I was close by and just grabbed him by the ankle and yanked him out. He was not happy about the situation. The mother of the other boy was horrified by the whole event. I told her that it was ok and was bound to happen. James kept hanging around the edge of the pool and finally in he went. All in all, it was the best situation for it to happen in -- I was close by, it was the baby pool instead of the big pool, and he was close to the edge so I could just grab him and yank him out. It certainly caused a stir among the parents watching practice though!
Benjamin was sent home from school early today because of a fever of 103. I hope it is gone by tomorrow, but I have the feeling that we are in for the long haul with this one. I am glad I already have appointments on Thursday with the pediatrician for physicals for Benjamin and James -- I might need them for more than just a check up!

No comments:
Post a Comment