The school is still putting me under a lot of pressure to keep James back. However, after looking at all the research and talking about this with my next door neighbor, I really don't want him to stay back in Kindergarten next year. I really don't know what to do about this.
Ron's job seems to be going well -- he likes the people, and mostly likes the work, though it involves more paperwork than he ever wants to do. The commute doesn't bother him too much, but he still hasn't found a place to stay and is booking a hotel room each night he stays up in Scottsdale. At this time, he is home on Tuesday and Thursday nights, and then goes up and back to Scottsdale on Friday. Today, he is telecommuting because he has been sick since he started this job, and our insurance kicked in today. I am hoping that he will get all fixed up today, since neither of us are sleeping with Ron coughing all night.
My classes are good -- I am really enjoying my remedial writing classes. The students are interested in what we are doing (most of the time) and they are participating. Interestingly, they write extremely well when I ask them to write something creative. It is when I ask them to write an argument that things get dicey. Isn't that strange? I can write an argument paper easily, but cannot tell a good story and these students can tell an excellent story!
My humanities students are having a hard time with the paper assignment too. They completed their first paper and I graded them and handed them back. They were horrendous. So, I gave them all a chance to re-write them. The rewrites were handed in on Tuesday and they are even WORSE, if you can believe that... It is so disappointing, and I have to decide how to handle it.
I have started making plans for my beach trip and I have started tracking airplane fares up to Boston... this is it for me -- I am making it up to Scituate this year.
Thursday, April 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment