In other news, Ron and I have decided to keep James back and have him re-do kindergarten. He hasn't matured the way the other guys did when they started kindergarten. He isn't doing poorly in kindergarten, but he isn't doing as well as I think he could. Yesterday, I sent an email to his teacher asking what she thought about James staying back, and her answer was:
I think James would tremendously benefit from the gift of another year. I feel 1st grade with just be to overwhelming for him. Another year in kindergarten would allow him to master the concepts and mature. I want him to be successful in 1st grade and not struggle. He is a great kid and I love having him in my class. He is really sharp when it comes to math but letters and sounds are not his expertise.
So, unless something really startling happens, and James suddenly is ready to move on to 1st grade, he will be with his current teacher again next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment