Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ron is back home after being at home for a week with his mother and sister, and going through his father's funeral. I think he is doing alright, but it is hard to tell. I don't think it has really come home for Ron that his father is gone. I hope he unpacks that particular piece of baggage soon -- I don't want that to sit around and fester.

Ron has applied for unemployment and it should come through fairly soon. Unfortunately, unemployment for AZ is capped at $240 per week, and that doesn't really pay the mortgage. We have a small pool of money to pull from for everything, that I think will last about 3 months. Of course, I am very hopeful that Ron will have a job very soon. VERY soon.

I took the guys down to my neighbor's house to meet her new horse. She allowed the guys to sit on the new horse and her old horse and we took lots of pictures. I am considering using one of them for our Christmas pictures, but I don't know. The guys had a fabulous time riding the horses, and the horses are so well trained that they allowed the guys on their backs and didn't do a thing -- they didn't complain at all. Here are a couple of pictures:



We haven't yet canceled the gym membership. I am hoping that I won't have to. It is cold here in the mornings (meaning about 40 degrees) and this makes it harder for me to get out on my actual bike. Going to spin class is easier than going out on the road. However, if Ron doesn't have a job by the middle of December, the gym membership will be going, as will the cable television. The only good thing about this whole situation is that Ron already bought the guys' Christmas presents that will be from Santa -- he finished buying them way back in May!

No comments: