Thursday, March 26, 2009

I am still riding my bike a lot these days. I have been out almost every day over the past month, and I passed the 600 mile mark today. I am still feeling pretty good, and my hips have stopped aching, which is nice, but I have a saddle sore, which is definitely NOT nice. Today, I did hill repeats on Mt. Lemmon. This means that I started at the zero mile marker and pedaled as hard as I could until I got to the 1 mile marker. I did this four times today -- I was supposed to do 5, but I took too long on #4. If your repeats get over 45 seconds longer than your first trip up the mountain, you are done for the day. My fellow rider takes pictures all the time and today she captured me on my fourth repeat. You can see me if you get a magnifying glass out -- I am the tiny red dot right in the middle.




This is a picture of the first mile of Mt. Lemmon -- my hill repeat. You can see that it is not a fun road to ride on. The road surface is nice, but the grade is very tough!

No comments: