Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I finished my bike-a-thon last month, but I am still trying to get out on the road every day. Today, however, I am not going out on the road -- it is only 25 degrees here! Yesterday, everyone was having cows because it was about 30 degrees and there was snow below 3000 feet. This means that there was actual snow sticking on the ground here. When I went swimming yesterday morning (at 6am, at an outside pool), there was snow all the way around the pool, and then while swimming, I was getting pelted with frozen rain. I went home afterwards, and the sun finally came out, so I went out for a ride. This might have been an error. I rode for 15 miles, and I wore 4 shirts, and I was cold. Not just a little cold, really really cold. My feet, in spite of being enclosed by my toe warmers, were like blocks of ice. It eventually took until 5pm, and a double cup of tea to feel fully warmed up.

Andy is showing that he is growing up. He is being a complete crapper these days. This morning, after he futzed around for 30 minutes getting dressed, he got all upset when I told him that he had to take the dog out instead of having breakfast. So he left. Without the dog. I could have killed him. He didn't come back until it was time to go to the bus stop. Now I have to decide an appropriate punishment for him. Any suggestions are welcome!

Not much else is going on here these days. Spring sports haven't started yet, and swim team is 2 whole months away. I am working on re-doing my neighborhood newsletter though. Now that we have a new president, all things are possible!

No comments: