Ron got a voicemail today from the Committee leader, who had spoken with all of the den leaders and had taken the vote on Andy's acceptance into the pack. The vote was unanimous in Andy's favor. Thank God. Now, I was almost postive that this is what would happen, but you never really know. Apparently, E. has been notified that Andy is in her den, and the ball is in her court now. This coming Thursday is the pack meeting, so I guess we will see how it goes.
We had a meeting with Andy's teacher today. Andy is still having problems with spelling and writing. He is concentrating so hard, and he still cannot spell words that are over two syllables. He has a brand new teacher, so I didn't know how things were going to go at the meeting, but I have asked for comprehensive testing for writing and reading issues. Luckily, my next door neighbor is a school psychologist and gave me a quick tutoring session on the buzz words to use in my formal request for testing. Once I put it in writing, the school has two weeks to go through with the testing. I dropped the ball last year, but I won't do that again -- that testing is going to be done.
Today it has been very cloudy all day -- I almost don't know what to do with myself. This is bizarre, though I have enjoyed the fact that it was only 85 degrees.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment