Saturday, June 28, 2008

Things here are good -- swim team is almost done. We finished the regular season meets, and all we have left is the championships. The championships are two days long and the pool they are held at is in the flat sun. There isn't a dot of shade at the whole thing. This is when the canopy pays for itself! The boys did very well today and Elias even came in 9th out of 32 kids in his backstroke.



Charlie is adjusting slowly, but is definitely feeling more comfortable. He is like my shadow -- he is there all the time. I am so afraid of stepping on him that I am constantly slowing down and looking at me feet trying to predict where he is going to be next. He is only about a foot away from my feet whenever I am walking. This could be disastrous if I change direction. However, we have officially adopted him and he is a great dog. The only issue that we are having is that now that I have a dog paying attention to me, Redford is jealous. He is so upset about me paying attention to Charlie, he is even ignoring Ron so that he can get my attention. These days, as soon as I sit down, Charlie settles in beside me and then Redford crams himself into whatever space is left, even if it is on top of Charlie. Charlie doesn't seem to mind too much; I guess it makes him feel secure to have no room at all to move around. What you cannot see in this picture is that I am sitting right there too.


No comments: