Friday, October 19, 2007
Next week, Benjamin is going to be the Star of the Week in his class. I think this is a great thing, except for one particular aspect of the week. I have to fill the Estimation Jar. The flyer that came home said: "Please return the jar filled with some type of wrapped treat (i.e. candy such as Hershey's Kisses, Starburst, lollipops, etc.). The class will estimate the number of treats as part of our Friday math time." Now, I just don't see the need to teach the class how to estimate stuff with candy -- and I don't like having food as the object of every single thing they do. I am already annoyed about sending in a snack to the classroom once a month, and now I HAVE to send candy in?? Am I over-reacting? Should I just blow it off? I had been planning on sending in marbles or something like that. I guess I am going to buy tootsie roll midgees, since they are small, and go from there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment