Friday, June 15, 2007

Today, I gave Ron his Father's Day present -- a grill. I couldn't hide the thing since it takes up the entire back of the car, so there was no surprise. It is a Weber grill with a propane starter. I also bought a small smoker since I have always wanted to try smoking my own stuff.

The guys are doing well -- we have had swimming lessons and then swim practice or a swim meet every day for the last two weeks. I haven't had time to breathe, much less write in the blog! I have decided to continue with semi-private (meaning, more expensive) lessons for Andy and Benjamin for anther 4 weeks. Coach Geoff feels strongly that this is the time to really get Andy going -- Andy is totally into swimming and is working hard on improving his techniqe and Goeff thinks that putting in some quality time now learning stuff will be a great thing. Benjamin also is doing well, though he isn't totally as into swimming as Andy is right now.

The summer is going by so quickly! I will be leaving for Maryland on 25 June (the red eye), for my annual beach trip with my high school girlfriends. When I get back, it will practically be time for swim championships, and then swim team will be over on 11 July. I am considering driving across the country with the guys to visit both Maryland and Scituate, even though many people have told me that doing it alone is absolutely nuts. I think I can do it, and since there is a DVD in the car, and we have the XM radio, I think I could keep them occupied. I am also (if this happens) going to get books on tape. I will get the Harry Potter books and they can finally listen to that story. By stopping in Maryland I will also get to take a couple of days away from the car in between days of driving (three days from Tucson to Silver Spring, then one day from Silver Spring to Boston). If any of you fine people wish to fly out and drive with me, you are welcome to come along!!

No comments: