We drove up to Phoenix yesterday to see the XM Kids Roadshow! It was without a doubt, very very cool!! I did get a little lost on the way, so I was going nuts trying to find the location, but we finally found it and pulled in one minute after the XM bus -- excellent timing. Now, I was envisioning a huge crowd of people waiting for the bus and wanting to meet Kenny Curtis. Nope. Not one person. Except US!! This was so totally cool -- we got to sit down and talk with Kenny and with Mindy- - our two top deejays and they interviewed the guys and then had them record promos for the Children's Miracle Network that will be played on XM Radio!! Can you imagine anything more exciting! The guys were absolutely thrilled. I have been listening since noon and I have heard all the guys at least twice. They even got to sing their favorite songs into a recording device of some kind and that will be aired too! The really nice sound tech lent me his camera too, so I did get some pictures of the guys getting interviewed -- he will email them to me sometime this week. Once I get them, I will be posting them here!
The boys had so much fun -- they were totally zonked when we got home. We had also made a pit stop at the Ikea. There is only one Ikea in Arizona and if I go to Phoenix, I need to stop in, just in case I miss something fantastic. Yesterdays mega-bargain was a table top ironing board (I didn't have an ironing board at all until yesterday) for only $2.99.
Today, I went out to do a set of hill repeats up Mt. Lemmon. This means that I picked a distance and then tried to ride that distance several times within a certain amount of time. I decided to do 5 repetitions of starting at the zero mile marker and riding up to the 1 mile marker, and I tried to keep the time under 10:45. I did succeed, and though I considered it seriously, I didn't throw up on the side of the road on #5. I was happy about that. Nothing like a public display.
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment