Thursday, February 01, 2007






Here are some more pictures of Tucson in the winter. As you can see, it is cloudy in the back yard, but sunny in the front yard. Weird. I am planning on going to swim practice tonight, but I don't think it is going to be much fun since not only is it sprint night, it is only 50 degrees and there is a 15mph wind. I will be moving very quickly from the pool deck to the locker room!
I have been looking at races to sign up for this season and I just don't know... I am going to sign up for the sprint tri on 11 March (sent that registration in already), and I was going to do Fountain to Mountain, but now I find out that it is the same day as my (and Ron's) 20th high school reunion. Ron really doesn't want to go at all, but I am considering it. I wish I could go and be invisible, but I don't think that is going to work. There is a race on 29 April that I think I am going to sign up for. It should be interesting because it is an olympic distance race (in this case, that means 1000m swim, 18 mile bike, and 5 mile run) and all the money from the race goes to the"Challenged Athletes Foundation’s, "Operation Rebound," providing post- rehabilitation support to American soldiers who have suffered a traumatic injury." That is a great organization and I would love to have something I am doing contribute to their goals. I know I will be doing El Tour de Tucson this year again, but I haven't decided if I want to do the 80 mile or the whole enchilada yet -- I have plenty of time to think about that later.

No comments: