Monday, December 25, 2006

It is dark and the house is mostly cleaned up -- Christmas is officially over and I have survived. I think things went very well this year -- the guys spent the afternoon riding around on their new bikes and then watching the Pixar movie Cars while Brigid and I took a nap. The bikes are good, but almost too big for both Andy and Benjamin. Elias is riding Benjamin's old bike for now since he cannot even get on his new one (I didn't think it looked that big when I bought it...). We had a ham for dinner with cheese potatoes. I got some terrific presents including a Hobo International shoulder bag, a customizable reclining pillow for my bed, and a new mini-cuisinart. I think Ron was happy with his presents -- 3 new cycling jerseys. One of the jerseys was the University of Maryland Terrapin -- I think Ron really liked that one. Ma sent him a new denim shirt with a fleece lining and he is thrilled with it. She had given him one several years ago and it is his favorite item of clothing to wear once it drops below 60 degrees -- a huge success all around.

The guys received many, many wonderful gifts -- so many of you have been so generous and thoughtful -- the guys were thrilled with everything!! Thank you all for thinking of them.

Tomorrow, I am planning on spending a LOT of time at the gym and attempting to get my head straight about the low carb diet, yet again. That whole low carb thing has gone completely down the tubes over the past two weeks. I haven't recorded a thing in my diet diary and with all the baking I have been doing... well, let's say things haven't been very good. I am planning on heading out to my running club tomorrow morning, even though I haven't heard if they are meeting. If they aren't there, I am going to be annoyed, but in any case, I will be going to the 8:15am spin class, then my usual weight lifting. Back to normal life!

No comments: