This is the final week of football practice!! Whooohoooo! Ron, though he has enjoyed coaching immensely, is ready to have a free day or two during the week. I think the guys are a little tired too. Tonight is the last practice and tomorrow, the guys have two bowl games (20 minutes each), starting at 8am.
I went out for a four hour bike ride this morning. I was dragging the trailer behind me and on one particular hill, hit the grand speed of 3mph. That was a bad hill. The reason I picked this particular route is because it is all uphill on the way out and downhill on the way home. I really needed that downhill by the time I got there.
The only really interesting thing going on is that Raytheon's machinists are setting up to strike on Monday if their contract doesn't go through on Sunday night. What this means is that Monday morning, Ron may have to cross the picket line to get to work. I find this very disturbing -- I just cannot do that. I think Ron is bothered by it as well, but doesn't see any way around it. A bunch of people at his work are scrambling around trying to figure out how to get to work on Monday since the bus drivers will not cross the picket line. I hope the new contract gets accepted.
In other news, I had my yearly lab work done and according to the lab, I am the picture of health. My cholesterol has dropped 22 points from last year and I am now at 165. My good cholesterol is high; my thyroid functions are all normal. All in all, great news. Dr. Wool suggested that I drop carbohydrates down to a small portion of my diet. So, I am giving it a shot and so far, it is the pits. I am hungry all the time. I hope this passes soon!
Friday, November 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment