Today was a little on the screwed up side. James has pink eye and so we went to swim practice, but had to skip my daily trip to the gym. I didn't really mind; it is kind of nice to break up the schedule sometimes. We got out of the pediatrician's office about 9:45am, and since the movie theatre was right down the street, I took the guys to the movies. It is a terrific deal. It only costs $2 for all five of us; drinks, popcorn, and candy are $1 each. Today, I actually did buy the guys some oreo cookies and bottled water for the movie. We saw Scooby-Doo. It was not the pinnacle of movie artistry, but the guys loved it. Next week, The Wizard of Oz will be showing. I have to decide which day I am going to miss my gym time, since I know they will want to see it on the big screen (and so do I). After the movie, I took the guys out to lunch at a chinese place right by the house that I had wanted to check out since we moved here. GAG. It was the WORST chinese food I have EVER had. We will never go back.
We do not have a swim meet tonight (whooohoooo!) and the babysitter is coming! We are going to our local hangout for dinner and a real conversation! This hasn't happened in awhile since we are so busy -- I hope I remember how to talk to Ron.
I have been watching the weather closely in Maryland. It sounds horrendous! Especially in Laurel. I hope that things dry out soon for you all! Here in Tucson, we are almost to monsoon season. We have had rain every day for the past 4 days, but the dewpoint hasn't cooperated and so it isn't officially monsoon. The rain is really torrential, but only lasts about 15 minutes (during that time, you can practically hear the cactus sucking up every available drop of water). Ooops -- just heard thunder -- I have to get the guys inside.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment