Monday, June 12, 2006

Things here are going alright -- we had our first "away" swim meet and the guys did great things. Elias got second place in his freestyle heat (out of two swimmers), but had a fantastic time doing it! Of course, Elias is just a happy guy and has a great time all the time. Benjamin did well in his races (2 second places) and Andy did well too (but I haven't gotten his ribbons, so I don't know exactly what he did).

I am pulling myself back together after the disappointment of my last triathlon. I had really been hoping for a better time. I did manage to hurt my left hip while on the run, which has been a pain in the ass -- no pun intended. It hasn't gotten better since I have continued to run with Brigid 3 days a week. So, today I walked. And I got home only 3 minutes later than if I had run the whole way. Yes, I know, I am SLOW. At least my hip didn't hurt when I was done.

Ron is still going to the gym 4 days a week and I think he may be enjoying it. I was talking to Spencer today (my spin instructor) about how to train for the El Tour de Tucson and he has suggested riding outside at least 3 days a week and 5 would be better. Also, he suggested adding 5 miles a week in length of ride to get ready. I haven't told Ron this, but he reads the blog, so he will soon know what he is in for!

No comments: