The guys are doing so well in swimming. It amazes me how much progress they have made. Everyone who finishes gets a ribbon, and we have quite a collection of purple sixth place ribbons, with enough of the other place ribbons to make things interesting. The dominant color is purple however; there are 6 people per race, so you know how the guys are doing. Benjamin got a second place last night in the 25 yd. backstroke. We are thinking about buying a video camera so that we can send out clips of the guys' racing down the pool.
I am considering doing a half-Ironman race. I had been planning on signing up for a new race called an Aqua Bike (scheduled for October 1) which is a 1.2 mile swim followed by a 56 mile bike ride. When I went to the web site to sign up, I found out that they are also offering a half-Ironman race which is a 1.2 mile swim, a 56 mile bike ride, and then a 12.2 mile run. Somehow, it seems kind of silly to do 2/3 of a half-Ironman and not do the final section. You all know how I feel about running, so you know how I feel about this, but it is tempting just to sign up and wing it. I think I could do it, but I don't know how fast I could do it. I know I would finish, but would it be too depressing to end up on the slow side (where I think I would be after the swim and the bike ride)? I don't know.... any comments are welcome -- email me!
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment