The guys have a half-day today and, worse, today is also Elias' last day of school. Andy and Benjamin have school Monday and another half-day Tuesday, and then they are out for the summer. I cannot even begin to think about it. It has come to this so fast! Ron made chocolate chip cookies last night for Elias' teachers as a Thank You. I am not ready for the guys to be home full-time.
At this point, the plan for the summer is to be out the door by 7:10 every day so that we can make it to swim practice on time. Benjamin and Elias have practice from 7:30-8:00am, and Andy practices from 8:00-8:45am every day. Then we will head off to my gym for my classes, etc. I am allowed 2.5 hours of babysitting a day, so we will arrive at the gym by 9am and leave at 11:30. We will get home about noon, everyone will have lunch, and then it will be nap time for all of us. If we follow this schedule, I think we can make it through the summer. Swim team goes until around July 20, so this should structure our days pretty well.
It is already about 100 degrees every single day, but at night it goes down to about 70 degrees. The heat is terrible -- dry heat or not, it is horrendous. I have one more race to complete before taking the summer off from competition -- a sprint triathlon on May 29. It is a 1000 meter swim, a 15 mile bike ride, and a 5K run. It is a lake swim. I hope it goes well.
Friday, May 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment