Wednesday, March 08, 2006

My parents went back to Maryland yesterday. I think we had a good visit -- they said they had a good time. It was depressing to see them go; the guys were also sad. We went to the San Xavier Mission on their last day, and I think this was a highlight. I took M & D down to Nogales, Mexico too. We had a good time, and I bought two more rugs.

While M & D were visiting, I did start my Running 101 course. It is horrendous, but I am going to do it because I have paid my money. I hate it and I have to do it 3 times a week. We are starting off by walking 5 minutes, then running one minute. It doesn't sound so bad, right? Wrong. It sucks. Or, at least the final two minutes suck.

I also attended a Transition Clinic given by the TriGirls. This was terrific. I am so, so glad I did it before the triathlon and didn't blow it off because M & D were here. It was all about organizing your race stuff and making sure that you didn't forget anything. The most important thing I took away from it was that I need to have bungee laces on my shoes. Trying to tie a bow when you are rushing is a real pain in the butt.

I am feeling a little overwhelmed right now. The triathlon is in 3 days, and a feeling of diffuse anxiety is rising. I am afraid that I am going to screw up, fall off the bike, trip while running, or, God Forbid, not finish.... I am going out for a bike ride now -- I hope I will be feeling more calm about things by the time I get home.

No comments: